Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kirstie Allsopp Vintage Home Inspired Gift ♥...

Is anyone else here obsessed with watching Kirsties Allsopp Vintage Home? I really enjoy watching it and picking up some great ideas and tips on how to transform any room into a chic vintage style interior.
Having watched a few episodes about making cute homemade presents, I have decided to make a Kirstie Allsopp Vintage Home Inspired Gift...and for only £2!!!
 ♥

♥ 
I purchased these pretty little glass bottles for £1 from my local pound store. They are around 10cm in height and feature a cork stopper, so I thought these would make really cute homemade gifts and can filled with anything you like.
As it has been a lovely sunny winters day outside, I decided to take a walk to the beach by my house called Prussia Cove.
 
 
It is a well known beautiful pebble beach, so I thought it would be a great idea to fill these heart jars with shells and pebbles. As it is my mums birthday soon and she loves this beach, I thought it would be a really nice idea to bring some of the beach into her home.
 

 
Thanks to the wonderful apps on my phone, it makes the sea look very inviting! but I can assure you it is freeeezzzzzingggg! However, I did have a wonderful time sitting down and sieving through thousands of beautiful pebbles!

After you have found the pebbles you want, firstly, make sure they will fit through the hole but also wash them thoroughly with detergent to remove any bacteria and allow to dry before placing carefully into the jar, or it will create condensation.
 
 
 
 
 
As you can see, I have collected a variety of cute tiny pebbles and some beautiful shells of all shapes, colours and sizes! I have also purchased some wooden tags and tatty string from Ebay (10 for £1), which is a great way to make this jar of pebbles look more like and gift and you can write your own personal message on!
 
so, what do you think? Have you made any homemade gifts before?
 
Rachael x
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea to make. What shop did you buy the glass bottles from?
    Clevergirl! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You :) I purchased the bottle from a shop called Family Bargains in Bristol for 1 pound but I think you can get them on Ebay or other pound type shops :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's nice design ideas for home decorations.Kirsties homemade home is fine.

    ReplyDelete