Saturday, June 7, 2014

Latest 'thrifted' clothing

Good morning bloggers!

Today I am going to share with you my latest thrift shop clothing purchases. 
Buying second hand clothing is such a huge trend at the moment and is a great opportunity to buy fashionable pieces at a low price.
Additionally, searching in charity shops and carboot sales is perfect for finding unique purchases. A lot of clothing companies have got onto the bandwagon of old clothing and are bulk buying and selling them on for redicolous prices!
I prefer to search for it myself and I know my money is well spent by giving to charity.

Here are a few pieces I found at my local thrift shops in Cornwall:

This is a Riverisland blouse featuring vintage inspired lace and polkadots. It's not an old piece of clothing but the style of it is very 'now'. It has no arms but I decided to wear it with my DIY collared lace cardigan. I also like to use my favourite bag of all time- my Moroccan satchel. One day when I am successful I would love to buy a personalised professional satchel like Zooey deschanel! 

I purchased this denim cut off top from a local charity shop for my town. Denim is making its way back into the fashion industry. For only £3 I couldn't say no! It looks cute with my clock necklace.
If you hadn't noticed, that's displayed on my new wardrobe I recently posted about :D

This is the top I'm wearing simply with black leggings and a vest. The more simpler you keep the block colour pieces, the more it will stand out. REMEMBER- less is more!
I'm also wearing a patterns headscarf wrapped around my bun. 50p from the carboot!

This is my final piece I would like to share with you. I love lace, so much!!! Its a cropped design made by newlook which only cost me £1. I wore this with a black skater skirt but not tucked it. Its light and floaty- perfect for summer and you can dress it up or down.


I'd highly recomend buying from chairty thrift shops because it's all for a great cause, and like me I'm sure you'll find some fab bargains too!

Back soon, 
Rachael xoxoxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment