Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OOTD Bargain Purchase, my not too shabby Rubbish (s**t) Shirt Night.


Well, I apologise for the lack of posts recently, I have been ever so busy with the amount of university work deadlines! But I do have to share with you my bargain purchase of the week, mainly for my flat mates birthday, Rubbish, (s**t) shirt night! I know my blog is all about Shabby Chic, but as you can see, my shirt is definitely that!
 
Basically, the title 's**t shirt night' means you and your friends have to buy the worst shirts you can get your hands one! A shirt with the most awful, clashing and terrible patterns on that make you stand out...pretty much the similar kind of shirts your dad would wear in the 1980's!
 
 
So, what do you think? :)
 
I purchased my shirt from a local charity shop, near my student house in Bristol for just £3.50. First of all, many charity shops sell really old fashioned shirts with crazy patterns on. Secondly, you can buy them at a reasonable price but most importantly, you are doing something good as all costs go to charity!
 
My shirt is a mixture is blues with french writing all over it and funnily enough the clothing label was called 'banter'. (what a coincidence). It is a mens shirt with poppers along the front, and I must say, it is very warm to wear, not that it makes it any more appealing to wear!
 
You can buy some unusual shirts (like my friend on the right) from Primark, and all other leading shops but unfortunately the price tag is a little off putting for one night only!
 
It is definitely great fun to dress up with your friends :) and even though I thought my shirt was ever so bad, the amount of people that kept asking me where I purchased it from was crazyyyy!


 
With my shirt, I also wore a Dickie bow tie, knee high socks, vans and denim shorts.
#number one rule: make sure you stick together, as many members of the public genuinely thought I would dress like this normally :o
 
 
So, have you every wore any crazy shirts in public before? And what do you think of mine? Terrible... I know!
 
Rachael x

No comments:

Post a Comment